Another week means another trip to the doctor for Keen. We're still working on getting that left arm set the way it should be and this week Josh made it clear that he didn't want to come back to have this done again. So this was the last shot to get it right! Well, they worked really really hard on it (without any anesthesia at all, poor boy) and the final x-ray after shows that they got it right! So we're in business with both arms now and they're on their way towards some good healing. It has been a long road for these two, going to the hospital every week now. So glad we're on a good path and now they don't have to go back for 3 more weeks.
The projects at the house continue to get done. This week all 5 of the boys worked on getting a gate made for the back fence. It's going to be great so we have access to the land behind us and those boys all worked really hard to get it done and into place. It looks great!
It's also end of school time around here so we had the last of the programs and field days this week for all the schools. The kids all had A BLAST at field day (which wasn't actually on the field, but inside the gym), and played lots of games, performed their songs and dances and everything that they've been working on this year. Desh's class did a darling dance and he got to be front and center showing off his awesome moves.
Beck's class won the first place trophy for something or other but I'm not sure what it was for. Regardless they were all super excited about their trophy and collected it as a group. Beck and Desh have also been part of the school choir this year and got to perform one last time. They both memorized the Puerto Rican national anthem and it's so cute to hear them sing it together.
Keen participated fully in field day, two casts and all. He is very determined that his team gets first place in every event and he did his best to help the team out with that! They ended up getting a bunch of 1st and 2nd place ribbons for their events so I'd say they did pretty darn good.
I popped over to Rhen and Liev's field day and caught the very tail end events. They also had a really fun day and even let me snap a quick picture of them together.
Other highlights of the week:
Rease, Rhen and I painted the big outside wall. I wasn't sure it actually needed it until we started and then I realized how much better it looks with brand new white on it. It looks really amazing!
Our gate motor got installed! Happy day! Although, the kids have never had a problem fighting over who was going to jump out and open the gate. Now they don't have to fight I guess :)
The kids started signing shirts at school as a sort of "yearbook"
Night swimming
Our visitor wall is completely signed and filled up
And an early birthday present for Desh - the new Zelda game (which I got joyfully tackled for by all the boys). I guess it's a good gift?
Of course the biggest news of the week is that Desh turned 7 right in front of our eyes! How did this boy grow up so fast? He has the sweetest teacher and she sent him this cute message on his birthday for us to read to him.
We had a little birthday party for him and he invited a couple of his favorite friends over to spend the afternoon. Luckily all they wanted to do was swim so it made for an easy party for us! They swam their little hearts out and didn't want to stop.
But we did take a break for cake and ice cream and presents. Mario Cart birthday cake this year! He was super excited that the cake pulls apart as cupcakes.
These cute friends of his have been so good for him this year. They have gotten to be best buddies and love playing together. I'm so grateful for the friends that have accepted us wholeheartedly and made us all feel welcome.
Happy Birthday Big D! We couldn't love you any more!
7 year old stats:
Height: 4'5" - 99%
Weight: 66 lbs. 13 oz. - 93%


Today is Sunday and since Desh and I share a birthday, we waited until today to celebrate my birthday. Josh was so sweet and made sure that I didn't have to do anything at all today except hang with my favorite people. I got a card full of foot rub vouchers from Beck (I promptly cashed in one of the coupons), a vase full of flowers from Desh picked straight from our yard, and a pair of new basketball shoes from Josh! Best of all, I captured all the kids after church and we snapped a picture of all of us together. I love this family more than I can ever express.
Today is Sunday and since Desh and I share a birthday, we waited until today to celebrate my birthday. Josh was so sweet and made sure that I didn't have to do anything at all today except hang with my favorite people. I got a card full of foot rub vouchers from Beck (I promptly cashed in one of the coupons), a vase full of flowers from Desh picked straight from our yard, and a pair of new basketball shoes from Josh! Best of all, I captured all the kids after church and we snapped a picture of all of us together. I love this family more than I can ever express.
No comments:
Post a Comment