Rease got to go to a special Oakcrest camp this summer as well! The 8th and 9th grade girls that missed out on Oakcrest as 7th graders (covid) had this make up camp up at Heber Valley to mimic the Oakcrest camp that they missed out on. Shelley was the director of the camp so I got asked to be involved with it a couple of the days! I'm so glad I got to be there with Shelly and Melissa as leaders, with Rease as a participant and with my parents as missionaries! It was all in all such a special camp to be a part of and I'm so glad I was there. We did all the fun things that Heber Valley offers: the wall climb, zipline, hatchet throw and all the team building activities. Those missionaries are such gems to be able to take charge of so many girls and make them all feel so special. I loved the feeling in the whole camp.
Rease loved camp because all her friends were there and they got to hang out and see each other as often as they wanted! They would gather in one cabin or another on their downtime and it was a great time for her to spend time with her cute girlfriends before we move. I know she's really sad to be leaving, but was so glad she got to have this time with them. They are such cute friends and have fun and have each other's backs. They're loyal and honest and kind and good to each other and that's all you want for your kids! She is going to miss them dearly.



No comments:
Post a Comment