After a red-eye flight and a lot of discouragement waiting for me upon arrival (due primarily to fatigue) the morning sun shone a little brighter on the silhouette of this wonderful place.
I emphasize the front due to the fact that all the rest of the windows were mistakenly made to have a sandblasted glass finish instead of the clear blue green you see here (Drrr....). It's going to be a few more weeks until the fix them!
Regardless the ones that did go in look awesome! They make the house look clean and accent the good angles of the place.
Hector Melendez came by later that day to make quick work of tidying up the yard.
This little guy showed up to join us.
I've resorted to cutting out the Guinea Grass but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. Oh well, we'll see if it looks any better in a few weeks.
The house looks particularly glowing in the sunset. Those missing windows constantly reminding me to be patient and take progress as it comes. The further along we get the more promise I see.
August 18th. Time to prep for plumbing, electrical and gas pipe. Everyone is going to need access above to what lies above the false ceiling in the main area downstairs.
This guy and his buddies did a number on us but it looks like the rat poison of a few months ago got him dead but in the wrong spot. More than once I was showered in standing rat poop soaked water from the tiles above. Not my favorite day by a long shot!
Last but not least, that stubborn breadfruit (pana de pepita). This darn thing is right up next to the septic system and is a real mess maker. Not to mention the 5 lb fruit falling in the middle of the night to give me something to think twice about.
It had to go so Freddie the Arbolista and his boys made a special trip Saturday morning to make quick work of it. These are particularly fast growing and thrive in the wet climate of El Yunque.
The milky whit sap poured from every cut. This thing would really take over if I let it go for a couple more years.
One last cut from the top to the bottom and it was gone.
What a great and productive trip. All the pieces are coming together for more progress in a shorter timeline. Still so much to do but every little step makes a huge difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment