Monday, March 9, 2020

Rhen turns 11!

Rhen turned 11 today! And she shared a birthday celebration with Aunt Hayley, whose birthday is the day after hers.  She requested an Oreo ice cream cake and since that's one of my favorites too, I was happy to oblige :)  This girl is one of the very best around and we loved treating her like the golden girl on this special day!





Stats from Dr. Erickson:

Height: 5'4" - 99%

Weight: 102 lbs. - 80%

 

My favorite things about 11 year old Rhen:

1) Rhen has always, and I hope will continue to be, brutally honest in all she says and does.  She is not afraid to tell you the truth when asked, even if it may not be what you want to hear.  

Mom: What do you think of this shirt?  

Rhen: Actually it doesn't look that good on you mom.

Or..

Mom: Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing everything right.

Rhen:  Well, sometimes you do yell and get mad about really dumb things.  

Or...

Mom: I can't right now Rhen but I promise I will do that with you as soon as I get back.

Rhen: You say that a lot and most of the time you don't actually do what you say you'll do.

Ouch...

But truthfully, this is one of my favorite qualities that Rhen has.  It keeps me on my toes and makes me remember who I need to be and what I should be doing.  Love the honestly and I hope she never loses that.  

2) Rhen is super artsy.  She loves to draw and doodle, but also has started doing clay, making jewelry, boondoggle, tying bracelets and taking pictures with her camera.  She loves to watch "Grand Designs" with Josh and says she's going to do one of her own someday.  I hope she does!

3) Rhen is a great big sister to her brothers.  Sometimes she likes to do her own thing, but mostly she is the first one that wants to play a game, do levels, play on the hammocks, ride bikes or color with the boys.  She is a great friend and example to them and I appreciate that so much about her.

I love this girl to pieces and mostly love her uniqueness and eclectic way of living.  She's the best! Happy birthday girl!

No comments: