Keen has a lucky birthday that he shares with Uncle Caleb. And the past few summers we've also had Nolan here so we can celebrate his birthday too that is only a couple weeks later. So today was a birthday party for all 3 of these handsome boys! Keen chose a candy train cake and picked out which candy he wanted in the train cars. Leave it to Keen to choose a treat birthday party! But the cake was a big hit with all the kids and you better believe that every piece of candy was gone from those train cars by the end of the night.
The best things about Keen at age 7:
1) Right now I love the stage that Keen's teeth are in! He has lots of loose ones that come and go just as quick as Keen can wiggle on them. He got one out the other day that had a big part of the root still! He is a maniac when it comes to wiggling his teeth out and that leaves him with the cutest jack-o-lantern grin that I can't get enough of!
2) Keen has a very generous side to him. When he wants to be, he is the most helpful kid I have. He asks what he can do to help with dinner or with the dishes or just picking up the house when he can tell I'm a little overwhelmed keeping it clean. And he is really good at sharing toys and playing with his younger brothers. I love seeing that side of him and hope that stays with him forever.
3) Keen loves to ask questions and try and figure things out. He is constantly talking and jabbering, enough that once in a while I have to tell him that I need some quiet time for a little while. But I know that brain of his is working full speed as he tries to figure out the world and everything around him. I love the curiosity that he has and I know that will take him big places in the future!
7 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Height: 4'5" - 99%
Weight: 65 lbs. 8 oz. - 93%
We love Keen at this age and hope he has the happiest year ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment