Monday, August 1, 2016

Beck's Head

You know something bad happened when one of the kids says "mom, Beck's head has lots of blood coming out of it!"  The kids were upstairs jumping on the bed while I was busy getting ready to leave for our family reunion.  I know I shouldn't have let them do that, but they were entertaining themselves so well that I just let them keep doing it.  Well this is how it ended, so I blame myself for not stopping it sooner!  Turns out that Liev pushed Beck off the bed and he hit it his head on the frame.  Yikes.  There was a lot of blood coming from the gash and I knew he needed stitches just looking at it.  Poor kid.
 Beck wasn't overly excited about the nurses messing with his wound but they were able to clean it up before the doctor came in.  They said they were going to try and hold him down to stitch it but I wasn't sure how that was going to work.  He is a pretty strong kid and doesn't just hold still if he doesn't want to.  
 After trying it for a couple minutes, they came to the same conclusion I had - he wasn't going to hold still for them.  The doctor opted to glue it together and said it would heal the same if they could close it evenly.  It actually worked great and Beck was much happier to not be held down.  This is what it looked like after the glue.  
 And with a band-aid over it, we did our best to keep it clean and untouched for a few days so it could heal.  What an ordeal for this cute boy!  At least he'll have a cool scar to show off!

No comments: