Rease was really hoping that Baby Desh was going to be born on her birthday. We all figured it would be pretty close to it even if it wasn't right on her birthday. Well he surprised us and came even earlier than we thought so now we get to celebrate Rease's birthday and she gets it all to herself! She told me she wanted an emoji birthday so that's what we did. She picked out which emoji she wanted on the cake and then I made cupcakes with all the other cool emojis. She was happy with how it all turned out!
We had just a family birthday party this year so all the cousins and the Hammers were there to sing to Rease.
After cake and ice cream she opened her presents. Grammie was the hero of the day and got Rease the best birthday present ever - a family of Beanie Boos. She got her the extra large Tasha and a small and baby sized one too. Rease was so so excited as you can see!
Most of all though, we loved being able to celebrate with our oldest daughter. We love her to death! Here are a few of my favorite things about Rease at age 9:
1) Rease has always been very mature for her age and has always wanted to help out however she can. That has been true even more this year as the other kids are getting older and I am needing more help. She is my right hand gal and I ask a lot of her. She is always willing and (mostly) always kind to her siblings! I couldn't ask for a better oldest child!
2) Rease loves school and loves to learn. She is bright, a hard worker, a good listener and learns very quickly. She has always been in the top of her class at school and keeps wanting to get better. She especially loves to read and has started reading to Rhen at nights. It's so cute to hear them up in their room reading and chatting into the late hours of the night. I'm so proud of her and the things she has learned in 3rd grade this year.
3) Rease is a child at heart and I think she always will be. She has an innocence about her that I hope she never loses. She still loves to make believe, play with toys, dress up her small stuffed animals and do anything that is fun. I know kids grow up and Rease is definitely getting older, but I love how child-like she is still. She is a sweet girl.
9 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Weight: 92.15 lbs - 94%
Height: 57.83 inches - 98%
Happy Birthday Rease!


No comments:
Post a Comment