Our sweet Rhen turned five! She has been so excited about her birthday these past few weeks and has had a countdown every day to the big day. Her birthday fell on a Sunday this year so we had family and close friends over for cake, ice cream and presents. It was fun, simple and best of all Rhen was happy that we were finally celebrating her birthday!
She chose to have a pony cake this year, so that's what I did. She was very happy with it, so I was happy!
Rease's present to Rhen was this sweet little note and picture. These girls love each other (even though they have their moments of fighting) and love playing together. I'm so glad they have each other as a best friend.
The next night we celebrated some more. She chose to go to Kangaroo Zoo which is one of my kids' favorite places. It is full of bounce houses and slides and they can't get enough of it! We were there for about 2 hours and they kids were happy and exhausted by the end. Josh and I had fun watching them run all over and have a good time together. We love that these kids love playing together!
Our little family (that keeps on growing) on Rhen's Birthday. Happy birthday 5 year old girl!
My favorite things about Rhen at age 5:
1) Rhen is my helper during the day now that Rease is gone to school all day. Since she is the oldest one home, I rely on her help a lot doing things around the house. She has become very willing to help out and is so sweet to do what is asked of her. Her favorite thing to do right now; when she notices that the gallon of milk or orange juice is gone, she runs out to the fridge in the garage to get more. She always reports on how many more gallons of milk or juice are left out there so I know when I need to buy more. What a big helper she has become!
2) Rhen is a night owl. No matter if she has had a nap during the day or not, she is always the last one up at night. She'll lay in her bed and just hang out for an hour or so while Rease and the boys are sleeping. Most nights she appears at the top of the stairs about an hour after I've put her to bed asking for a drink, or just wanting to chat a little bit more because "she's bored" in her bed all by herself. I never really know what time she actually falls asleep but I know it's always later than the other kids. What a crazy girl.
3) Rhen is the best dressed girl around. She has loved being able to choose her own clothes lately and most days I'm fine with what she chooses. Most days she comes downstairs with either a dress or skirt on. She loves to dress girly. It's not very often that her clothes actually match, but that's what makes her Rhen - stripes and flowers, plaid and print, anything goes for this girl. But best of all, she usually has at least one thing on backwards whether it's her underwear or her shirt. And when we try and tell her she just says, "oh it's ok." She's the best! So glad she is happy with herself and whatever she chooses to wear!
5 year stats from Dr. Erickson:
Weight: 43.43 lbs - 73%
Height: 46.1 inches - 97%
BMI: 14.4 - 24%
We love this girl of ours and can't wait to see what this year brings for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment