Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Finding a Christmas Tree

We always try and find a Christmas tree as soon as Thanksgiving is done.  We don't do anything fancy like cut it down ourselves, we just go down to the closest tree lot and find one that way.  It makes it easy and the kids love being a part of finding the "perfect" tree.  
 This year we decided to get a really tall one since our ceiling in the family room is much taller than we're used to in the other house.  This is the one that we all decided on.  I worked on putting the lights on the tree for a good 4 hours.  Finally, after 20 strands of lights, it was ready to decorate.  The kids helped with the decorations and Rease even made some of her own to add to the tree.  It turned out great!  Josh keeps making fun of me because I put so many lights on, but I think it looks better that way.  I told him he could do the lights next year if he's going to complain!
Boy are we excited for the Christmas season!

No comments: