Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rhen turns 4!

Rhen turned 4 on March 9.  Josh was out of town on her actual birthday and we were in the process of moving, so we put off her birthday party a couple of weeks.  It was a small affair but I made cupcakes and had a few gifts for her to open.  She requested going to Boondocks, so after cake and ice cream we spent a couple hours playing at Boondocks.  Simple and easy but we had a great day celebrating our sweet girl!
My favorite things about Rhen at this age:
1) Rhen is very helpful as an older sister to 2 younger brothers.  She always wants to hold Keen or get him more toys to play with.  Or helps Liev get a drink or brush his teeth before bed.  Of course there are moments of fighting between the siblings, but that's normal.  Rhen is such a good sister to the other kids.
2) Rhen is the clumsiest girl I know and it is so endearing.  She always has at least 4 or 5 bruises on each leg, bandaids on her fingers or toes and scratches somewhere on her body.  She doesn't ever complain about it or hardly ever even acts like she's hurt.  She's just so used to falling all over anything and everything. 
3) Rhen is a lover girl.  There's not a day that goes by that she doesn't tell me "I love you" and give me a big hug and kiss.  She's always telling Josh that he's so handsome.  And she tells me that her and Rease are "lovebirds" because they love each other so much.  Josh taught the girls how to do the sign language sign for I love you and that is Rhen's favorite thing to do to show us how she feels.  She is always flashing the I love you sign and I think it is so sweet!  What a girl we have!

4 year old stats from Dr. Erickson:
Weight: 38.14 lbs - 74%
Height: 43.39 inches - 98%
BMI: 14.2 - 15%

No comments: