Rhen turned 3 this year and decided that she wanted to have a Princess Party. Since we still do family parties only and haven't switched to inviting friends yet, I thought that would be fun and entertaining for everyone. So Aunt Hayley and I went to work on the invitations and the rest of the plans for her "Spectacular Celebration."
These are the invitations we came up with - a crown fit for Princess Rhen.
Rhen was dressed as a beautiful princess and let me know that she was "Rapunzel" for the night. She did look darling with her curls and dress.
Rease and Rhen - the 2 sister princesses.
The proud King and Queen.
And the rest of the royal guests. Aunt Hayley made Uncle Caleb's prince outfit and Grammie and Papa went all out! Everyone looked fabulous and Rhen was super excited! We did have a costume contest and had all these fabulous contestants(winners to be announced later.)
Us girls dressed up and pretty!
We had a royal feast (but I forgot to get a picture of all the food.) I did get a picture of the best part - the yummy dessert. We had plenty of cupcakes and cake to go around.
I have to say I am proud of the cake. I have been making my kids' cakes for their birthdays for the past couple years and thought this one would be fun to try for the princess party. I will admit it was much harder than I first anticipated but it turned out being okay. Rhen was very happy with the result and that is what matters!
We played the "Who Knows Rhen" game. I think Uncle Caleb won.
Present time. She got so much fun stuff (once again I didn't take many pictures of this.) She was super excited that it was actually her birthday and all the gifts were hers!
Sweet Rease drew this picture for her to hang by her bed.
Us girls dressed up and pretty!Grammie in her beautiful (bride) dress.
Uncle Caleb as the handsome prince (Baby Canyon in a close second.)
Overall the party was a huge success. Unfortunately Baby Liev was sick that night and this is the only picture we got with all 5 of us.
Height: 39.96 inches - 97%
Weight: 34.61 lbs - 83%
BMI: 15.2 - 34%
A few things I want to say about my sweet Rhenner girl on her birthday:
1) Rhen is a little sweetheart even though she comes across as a little crazy. She always wants to "snuggle" with her dad or give mommy one more goodnight kiss. I hope she keeps that up cause I want her to always be "my girl."
2) Rhen is hilarious. She is the life of the party when she wants to be. She is always making up new words to make Rease laugh or doing something crazy that Liev thinks is just for him. She is witty and cute and I love this about her!
3) Rhen takes after me in the sleep department. I think she would sleep in everyday if she could, but since she shares a room with Rease she is forced to wake up at the crack of dawn when her sister gets up. The days that they happen to be sleeping in separate places, Rhen will sleep in an hour or two longer than Rease. That's my girl!
4) Rhen is a little bit of a home-body. She loves to be outside, play with friends, have fun and all that but when it's time to slow down she wants to be back home and in her own bed. She loves to snuggle up with her blanket and watch a movie or just hang out at home when she's tired.
5) Rhen has a mind of her own. She will not and does not do anything until she decides to do it herself. I have had to change my parenting strategy a little bit with this girl compared to Rease. I have learned that I have to give Rhen choices on mostly everything she does during the day so that she can feel like she's making her own decisions. Example: "Rhen you can either eat your dinner or get down without any dessert." "Rhen you can stop hitting or sit in timeout." "Rhen you can have the strawberry or the kiwi." I try and fix it so that she makes the decision I want her to make but it has worked with her and she feels like she is being independent and choosing on her own.
I love this 3 year old of mind and can't wait for the years and years we have ahead to make more memories with her!
Happy Birthday Princess Rhen!
No comments:
Post a Comment