Monday, September 26, 2011

Rhen's Burn

Last week Rhen burned her little hand on the iron. Poor girl. I felt so bad for her - she didn't know what to do but just cry and let me hold her. I wasn't sure how bad the burn was until the next day when I took off her bandaid and saw this blister.

Since then I have been really diligent about keeping it clean, putting neosporin and a new bandaid on it and wrapping it in an ace bandage for extra protection.


Rhen was very excited about her "special bandaid." She has been so good about keeping it on too.

I should get an after picture because now almost a week later it looks awesome and the blister is almost completely gone. Sweet little thing has been so good about helping mom take care of her burn.

2 comments:

mer and mel said...

I burnt my hand with the iron when I was about 5 because I was trying to iron my own dress for church. I have a nice triangle-shaped scar now:) I'm glad it's feeling better!

Stephanie said...

Cole had some severe burns on his hand because of an iron. The ER told me that bacitracin was better on the burn the neosporin. I know it has been a week or so now, but just thought I would share the info with you. Poor little girl! Lets do lunch again soon :)