Friday, November 12, 2010

Puerto Rico - Day 5: Relaxation Day

Wednesday was our day to relax. Mom, dad and Garrett were going to spend the day visiting a few of his areas and meeting up with members. The Oldies went to the horse races and Justin and Stephanie joined them. So Caleb, Hayley, Josh and I had the day to do whatever we wanted. Most everyone slept in that morning - I woke up early because I had to use the bathroom (nothing new) and then I couldn't fall back asleep so I read until everyone got up. Hayley and Caleb were in charge of the meal for the day and made eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast before everyone headed off in their different directions.
I ended up falling asleep for a while and Josh took his hammock out to the beach to read and relax. Hayley watched a movie and Caleb studied. After a while, we walked down the beach to find Josh and enjoyed the private beach just outside our front door.
Not like Flamenco Beach but it was fun to have the water so close to our house.
Hayley gathered shells.
It had a pretty view looking down the beach. Josh got up a couple of mornings and ran along this beach.
For a late lunch/early dinner we drove to the Pizza Hut just down the road in Humacao and enjoyed some good old pizza.
Then came back and played a game of Settlers. I actually won surprisingly - it has been quite some time since I've won a game of Settlers.
Hayley's design with her cities, knights and roads.
Josh, Hayley and I walked down to the Oldies house and spent some time with Grandma Wisniewski. She stayed home from the horse races so we went over and made cookies with her. We didn't have an oven in our house so we spent the evening with Grandma and used her oven to bake our "cakebox cookies."
On the way back home we walked past a dog that lived in the neighborhood. For some reason, Hayley would get scared everytime she saw this dog walking towards us even though he never barked and was always wagging his tail. Josh teased her that she was going to get attacked by the "tail wagging dog."
Back at the house, Josh and I read our books and Hayley and Caleb fell asleep early on the couch - we were waiting for mom, dad and Garrett to get home so we could play a game. They ended up getting home late and by that time most of us were too tired to play. They said they had a great day visiting the members and dad loved getting all the moments on video!
After most of the family went to bed, dad was still up having a hard time deciding what we should do the next day. Our options: zipline, scuba diving (for Josh and dad), bio bay, rainforest. We debated back and forth and finally decided to sleep on it and make a decision in the morning.
I ended up not being able to sleep much that night. I woke up around 1:30 (yes, to use the bathroom) and couldn't fall back asleep. The book I was reading that week ended up being a little bit more scary than I was expecting, and I was too spooked to fall back asleep. I played "word mole" on my phone until about 6:00 when I finally couldn't keep my eyes open.

No comments: