With Baby Liev on the way and as we are quickly becoming a family of 5, Josh and I have settled on the fact that we need a bigger car. Our Element is like a part of the family now, so to think about selling it made us sad. But we knew it had to come one day, so we took some pictures, cleaned it up and put it on KSL. 24 hours later, we are taking this last picture with the car that Josh lovingly calls "Easton" and watching it drive away.
It all happened so fast that we didn't have time to process the fact that we are down to one car (which happens to be the '99 Jetta and is a gem in itself.) As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about how we will work it all out; Josh drives me to work in the morning (wherever that ends up being for the day) or he is stuck at home with 2 toddlers and no car (which means no escape to the gym or Grammies for an hour or two.) I have a feeling we will find a new car within a few weeks, but for now we are a one car family. As for our precious Element - thanks for being a great car these 4 years. We love you and know you are headed to another great home!
4 comments:
Hi Nat,
It has been forever (over a year) since I've blogged and I just checked yours out cuz I mostly keep up with everyone on facebook..where are you on it??? Anyways, I'm so happy that you are pregnant and that you are having a little boy..How exciting..everyone told me boys are so different, and yes it is true!! Congrats..we need to meet up and catch up sometime! Hope you are doing well! Linds
Sad! Oscar will be especially sad when he hears this news. He still can find Rease driving around here in Chicago...that is, every time we see an orange Element he thinks it is Reaser! Well we are a one car family too but Tanner wants to be a no-car family but thats not happening!
xoxox!
We have been a one-car-owned family since July and while it certainly is not easy, you make it work... So excited for your new addition!!! Miss you!!!
I've been a slacker this summer and haven't kept up so I'm late but...CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you two and how fun to be having a little boy! I'm glad all is going well!!
Post a Comment