Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dutch oven night

We were invited to a dutch oven cook-off last weekend with some cousins and friends. This was our first year, but they have been doing it for a few years now and it was quite the competition. We each had to bring a main dish, side dish or dessert and it had to be cooked and ready to eat within a certain amount of time. Then we judged all the dishes and each category had a winner. We love to dutch oven so we weren't overly worried about our dish, but we were not prepared for some of the things others brought. The winner was a pork loin with this yummy sauce on it and the runner up was a stuffed beef tenderloin. We made enchiladas and I think we came in third. Regardless - we had a great time and the food was outstanding! We are already thinking of our dish for next year.
Rease had no problem keeping herself busy while we cooked. She found this little wagon and filled it up with whatever she could find...
Shoes first.
Then grass.
That's quite a load.


This ball also kept her entertained - even though it's almost as big as she is.
Let me take a minute and tell you about this hair of hers. Yes it's straggly and makes her look homeless when her clip comes out or when she takes it out herself - which is usually within 5 minutes of me putting it in. So I'm torn. Her hair is at that awful in-between stage where it's not short enough to stay out of her eyes but not long enough to tuck behind her ear. I'm not sure that I want to cut it and make bangs because I would rather it all grow out and be one length. But I don't know how long I can handle this look...
The boys had a quick but tough game of soccer while we waited for dessert to finish cooking. I wish I had an after picture because Josh was seriously beat - sweat running down his face and breathing harder than I've seen in a long time. Now this wasn't a long game - maybe like 10 or 15 minutes, but it sure took it out of these guys. I can't decide if it's because they were playing hard or if they are all just out of shape and old. Hmmmm...

Relaxing after stuffing ourselves with dessert and everything else.

We had a great night with everyone and can't wait until next year! And yes, we just came straight from the BYU game (which they won 44-0 against Wyoming) and that's why we have our BYU blue on. Go Cougs!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Hi Nat,
K I'm not quite sure what my plans are for the weekend yet. I'm going to Delta on Friday and I was planning on going up north on Saturday. I need to get Morghans pictures done and after that I don't know what the plan is. I will call you when I know more. The last time we went to lunch was right when you got home from your mission, that's crazy...I hope you are feeling well!!